Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Tips & Tricks: Set up an event in Google Calendar from Gmail

I don't know about you but lately I can't seem to get anything done unless my tasks are written in triplicate in various places with constant reminders to move my behind and get stuff done. Google Calendar has been great for that.

I update it constantly with daily life plans, work meetings and projects I'm working on, social functions (hahahahaha! <enter crying laughter emoji here>), and anything else of importance that I want and need to stay on top of. I check it every morning and evening on my phone (Android & iOS), its open all day long on my Chrome browser, and it sends me reminders of where I need to be at throughout the day.

One of the most effective ways for me to update my Calendar when requests or meetings come through Gmail is by creating an event from the email itself.  It saves me time and keeps me on top of a number of different daily and weekly requests that all come through email.

It's very simple to do and I have a screencast below to show you how if you didn't know about it before - its short!! and I don't talk over it...but I apologize in advance for the annoying stock ukulele track...they didn't have Led Zeppelin tunes to choose from.

You may have already learned this trick, but for those that haven't its a nifty little connection.

And not only is this a great trick to learn yourself, but it's a great one for students as you model and teach them good organizational habits!

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment